KXAN reports on a recent rollover crash that sent three people to the hospital with serious injuries. The accident occurred just before 10 p.m. at the intersection of Ed Bluestein Boulevard and 51st Street.
According to authorities, one of the vehicles involved in the crash rolled. Emergency responders rushed a woman in her 30s and two men in their 20s to University Medical Center Brackenridge for treatment. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
This accident is a tragic reminder that a serious car accidents can happen at any time. No matter how responsible you are behind the wheel, all it takes is one reckless driver to put you in the hospital.
If you were injured by a negligent motorist in Texas, contact the Luke Dow Law Firm. Mr. Dow is a board-certified car accident lawyer in Austin who can help you fight for the maximum compensation. Call 512-518-4104 today to schedule a free initial consultation.
How to Avoid Accidents at Intersections
There are several reasons why a disproportionately high number of accidents occur at intersections. Sometimes distracted drivers fail to slow down with traffic, or they do not notice that the traffic light turned red. Other times, a pedestrian or cyclist unexpectedly enters the road and causes a collision.
Read on to learn five tips to avoid accidents at intersections:
- Look Left and Right When Your Light Turns Green: Even if the traffic light is green, you should look left and right before proceeding into the intersection.
- Come to a Full Stop: Some drivers make a habit out of coming to a “rolling stop,” which involves slowing down but not coming to a complete stop. This not only is illegal, but it can also increase your risk of getting in an accident.
- Stop If You Think a Driver Might Run a Red Light: You should never trust that an oncoming driver is aware that a traffic light is red. Thanks to the proliferation of smartphones, distracted driving has become an epidemic, and a moment’s inattention is all it takes to cause a severe accident.
- Expect the Unexpected: This is a common cliché, but it can save your life on the road. At some point, you will eventually encounter a drunk or distracted driver, so you should never assume that a motorist will behave as you expect.
- Look for Bicyclists and Pedestrians: Pedestrian accidents are particularly common at intersections. Check your blind spots before you turn to see if a bicyclist is approaching, and look to either side of crosswalks to see if a pedestrian will enter the road.
Attorney Luke Dow has a reputation for tough litigation and a strategy for winning substantial settlements and verdicts for his clients. Call 512-518-4104 today to schedule a free initial consultation with an injury attorney in Austin.