Defective airbags can cause serious traumatic injuries when they fail to deploy, deploy too slowly or too aggressively, or explode on deployment. If you or a loved one has suffered an airbag injury, attorney Luke Dow can hold the manufacturers responsible and pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Call our Austin, TX, office at (512) 480-9502 to schedule your free case review. You can also send us a message online.
Types of Defects in Airbags
Airbags are equipped with sensors that send signals to the inflation system in the event of an accident. The airbag is designed to inflate upon a certain level of impact, protecting drivers and passengers from being thrown through the windshield or suffering other catastrophic injuries during a car accident. In some cases, the airbag deploys too forcefully, at the wrong time, or not at all. Some of the most common defects that lead to injury from airbags are:
- Failure to deploy: An airbag may not deploy at all due to a defect in design or parts, causing severe injury.
- Improper deployment: An airbag may deploy too slowly, too quickly, or at the wrong angle. When this happens, serious head trauma can occur. It is also common to suffer severe cuts, burns, or lacerations from an improperly deployed airbag.
- Explosion upon deployment: When an airbag explodes upon deployment, harmful substances are released. Most frequently, burns and cuts result from an exploding airbag.
- Release of debris: Along with other materials and substances, metal and plastic pieces can be released when an airbag deploys. These materials have the capability of penetrating the skin and causing surface scratches and injuries, as well as more serious trauma such as punctured organs.
Common Airbag Injuries
The most common injuries suffered due to defective airbags include:
- Traumatic head and neck injuries
- Hearing loss
- Sprains and broken bones
- Damage to the heart and lungs or other internal organs
Many times, the victim suffers from a combination of these injuries, requiring immediate and extensive medical attention. Invasive surgeries may be required to treat an injury, and it is possible for a victim to need ongoing rehabilitation and therapeutic programs.
It takes an attorney to face off with large corporations, and Luke Dow is prepared to demonstrate exactly who is responsible for your losses.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Liability for airbag injuries usually lies with the manufacturer of the automobile or the manufacturer of the airbag. Bringing a claim against these companies is complex, especially considering the extensive legal resources these companies retain. In short, it takes an attorney to face off with large corporations, and Luke Dow is prepared to demonstrate exactly who is responsible for your losses. He can pursue maximum compensation for all of your injuries and other losses while you concentrate on making a physical and emotional recovery. Full recovery can require incredibly costly treatment, and Luke Dow can make certain that the responsible parties cover those costs.
To schedule your free case review, contact us online or call (512) 480-9502 today. Let us handle your case and help protect your future.