Common car accident injuries include scrapes and cuts, broken bones, head trauma, internal bleeding, and spinal trauma. If another party's negligence caused you to suffer injuries in a car accident, attorney Luke Dow in Austin, TX, can help you collect the compensation you deserve. To schedule your free case review, call us at (512) 480-9502 or send us a message online.
Types of Injuries
Once the extent of an injury has been assessed, an appropriate amount of compensation can be pursued. This also involves estimating the impact the injury will have on your future in terms of any lasting disability or need for ongoing care. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Head injuries: A head injury can happen when a driver or passenger is thrown against a window or other interior part of the car. Symptoms vary by individual, but can include loss of hearing, impaired or blurred vision, and difficulty with speech. If you have been in an accident and are experiencing any of these symptoms, you may have a mild or traumatic brain injury. Seeking immediate medical attention is imperative.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is a common neck injury that can also affect the spine. Whiplash often occurs when a victim is thrown forward and then jerked backward during impact.
Attorney Luke Dow can assemble the necessary evidence and use it to build a compelling case resulting in a substantial settlement or jury award.
- Back injuries: Back injuries are among the most difficult to diagnose. They range from minor strains and pulls to more serious spinal cord damage. A severely damaged spinal cord can cause full or partial paralysis, and may require lifelong medical care.
- Broken bones: Arms, legs, and ribs are the most frequently broken bones in a car accident.
- Internal injuries: Many times, the victim is stabilized at the scene and transported to an emergency room, where a full workup can be done to determine if any internal injuries have occurred.
It is critical to see a doctor immediately after any accident and obtain a fully documented report of the medical care given. These reports help to determine the injuries suffered and how they were caused. This type of evidence is essential to proving liability, which is the first step toward collecting due restitution.
Do I Need an Attorney?
If you or someone you love has been hurt in an automobile accident that you believe was partially or completely someone else's fault, you absolutely need an attorney. You can be certain that the responsible party will have legal representation seeking to minimize or disprove any responsibility on the part of their client. Attorney Luke Dow is here to make certain that justice is served. He can assemble the necessary evidence and use it to build a compelling case resulting in a substantial settlement or jury award.
Schedule a Case Review
Do not delay reaching out to an attorney if you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident. Luke Dow can assess your case and help you collect maximum compensation for medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering. To book your free case review, contact us online or call (512) 480-9502 today.